Head Coach, Field Hockey
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495025
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for a Head Coach, Field Hockey. In this role, you will be responsible for total program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Field Hockey program. You will also be responsible for the supervision of assistant coaches as well as collaboration with University constituents/Athletics administration and the total development of the field hockey student-athlete.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Administration of all phases of field hockey program and team management including recruiting, effective contest scheduling, operational and scholarship budget administration as well equipment management and team travel.
- Demonstrate coaching acumen in order to instruct and motivate student-athletes during team practices and contests with emphasis on player and team development.
- Direct efforts in scouting, practice planning and game planning.
- Must maintain a network of recruiting contacts in order to attract, develop and retain high-caliber, high-character student-athletes.
- Develop relationships with field hockey alumni and support community engagement to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Team promotion through the use of social media and other applicable means.
- Supervise assistant coaches.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of previous collegiate field hockey coaching or elite level playing experience
- Proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the national field hockey community
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and video preparation preferred
- Experience using file sharing and most social media platforms
- Knowledge of Sportcode, Gamebreaker Plus, Hudl and Spiideo video software
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend