||Quinnipiac University's One Stop invites applications for an Assistant Director for Student Accounts to oversee the daily effectiveness of university students’ accounts, as it relates to invoicing, payment plans, outside scholarships, partnership agreements, federal and state payments. Furthermore, you will be responsible for reviewing accounts for internal and external collection. The Assistant Director will report to the Executive Director of One Stop to ensure that QU strategic plan is supported and outstanding services is offered to students, staff, and parent.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Monitor counselor team production and customer satisfaction. Provide support to counseling team ensuring timely results to student and parent inquires.
- Work closely with university Financial Aid, Residence Life, Registrar, Finance, and Admission regarding the enhancement of the student financial experience.
- Oversee the student accounts receivable program, including, but not limited to, billing, payment plans, account reconciliations, payment administration, collection procedures, write-offs, bad debt, resolving discrepancies, and communication.
- Manage third party vendor to reconcile, initiate and update student payment plans using TouchNet.
- Receive and record student payments. Reviews daily cash reports. Assist with the disbursement of financial aid funds.
- Basic knowledge of all active chapters of the GI Bill to serve as a point of contact to electronic third-party billings organization such as Sam.gov, Tungsten, AmeriCorps, and WAAF.
- In addition, develop and manage third-party billing/sponsor billing workflow for payment by other government entities, employers, and outside organizations.
- Review assign students accounts and process withdrawal forms in accordance with QU withdrawal policy. Work closely with financial aid to ensure R2T4 accurate charges.
- Other duties to include processing mail, answering phones, replying to emails, and filing. This is a customer facing position with experience in customer service and computer skills required. Applicant should be detail oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Enforce university policy regarding registrar, student finance, financial Aid, residential life, and auxiliary services offices.
- Attend meetings with other pertinent departments and student organizations that will help shape policies and procedures for One Stop. Additional duties as necessary.
- Able to work assigned late night during peak time, weekend hours to support key events regarding enrollment. Also, able to support processing payments during QU closure for winter break.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education requirements
- 3-5 years of work experience with student accounts, financial aid or bursar
- Expert analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Supervisory experience
- Result driven with outstanding communication skills
- Experience with ERP/Ellucian (Colleague), Perceptive Content/Image Now, and TouchNet systems preferred
- Ability to identify workflow gaps and improve efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.