Assistant Athletic Director – Bobcat Club / Associate Director of Development
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494017
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for an exciting new opportunity as Assistant Athletic Director – Bobcat Club / Associate Director of Development. This is a front-line fundraiser role focused on creating external and engaging relationships with alumni, donors and prospects in support of Bobcat Athletics and the Bobcat Club. The Associate Director will be a highly collaborative individual as they will work directly with the QU Athletic Director and Bobcat Athletics leadership team, while directly reporting into the Director of Annual Giving within the Division of Development and Alumni Affairs.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Actively engage alumni and donors with a primary focus on securing annual gifts in the $1,000-$25,000 range while meeting assigned metrics
- Lead the creation of the Bobcat and Varsity Club developing and implementing strategies for soliciting leadership annual level gifts in coordination with the entire development team
- Own the fundraising efforts for the University Club, implementing strategies to acquire, retain and level up memberships
- Manage a portfolio of prospective leadership annual giving donors, with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies leading to successful solicitation - prospect base will be primarily located in New England
- Foster an environment for successful fundraising in Bobcat Athletics by providing on-going information for athletic leadership and administration regarding fundraising initiatives and by preparing coaches and administrators to participate effectively in cultivation and solicitation activities
- Help support our annual Bobcat Challenge, Giving Tuesday, Days of Giving and other signature giving days
- Support fundraising events for Athletics, to include but not limited to, dedications and special receptions, as assigned
- Work on the recruitment, organization, and training of volunteers to raise funds on behalf of Bobcat Athletics
- Work with sports and coaches to implement sport specific fundraising programs with focus on leadership annual gifts, as assigned
- Expected to work non-traditional hours to meet demands/expectations of donors, attending athletic events and traveling to meet fundraising expectations/meet with donors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Able to secure personal appointments and qualify new prospects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented thinker and strategist able to effectively respond to complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in donor/prospect computer data base systems
- Documented success in personally implementing sophisticated, multi-year cultivation strategies leading to successful gift closure
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Demonstrable experience in stewardship plans leading to additional investments
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising, preferably in college athletics and/or higher education
- Demonstrated achievement in securing philanthropic investments
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to meet demands/expectations of donors, attending athletic events and traveling to meet fundraising expectations/meet with donors
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend