||Quinnipiac University's invites applications for a Director of Institutional Research and Strategy. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy and Community Relations/Chief of Staff, you will assist the Management Committee with ensuring that Quinnipiac utilizes data strategically and that university, school and departmental leadership have direct access to comprehensive, useful and informative university-wide data that assists them in decision-making, planning, evaluation, operational and strategic initiatives and accreditation.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Tracks progress on strategic goals using metrics defined in the university strategic planning scorecard. Creates and maintains dashboards and visualization tools for data and reporting. Collects, analyzes and visualizes data for continual, ongoing assessment of institutional performance against agreed upon benchmarks
- Works closely with the Data Management Committee to develop a university-wide infrastructure for comprehensive practices for data collection, mining, reporting and enhancing analytics capabilities
- Creates interactive, accurate and modern data visualizations for institutional research. Synthesizes complex issues and presents them in a creative and non-technical manner in both print and online. Aggregates, analyzes, and visualizes data for regular internal and external reporting
- Leads IPEDS coordination of information from various offices and University submission. Assists coordination of the statistical responses to national surveys (US News, etc.) and annual maintenance of institution’s Common Data Set
- Helps fulfill ad hoc requests for data from internal users in collaboration with Information Services
- Updates and maintains the internal website with timely data and graphics. Provides data for external website
- Assists the Director of the Center for Research and Scholarship with data required for grant submissions
- Conducts analyses of institutional data, using quantitative and qualitative techniques including, but not limited to logistic, multivariate, and multiple regression, content analysis, structural equation modeling and machine learning techniques
- Utilizes external sources of data to prepare benchmark reports and peer comparisons. Maintains a database of current and historical competitor performance data
- Oversee creation of data dictionaries, documentation, and best practices for capturing and reporting data university wide
- Employs appropriate technologies for performing the duties of the position at the necessary level of proficiency
- Advanced degree in institutional research, educational research, statistics, data analytics or other related discipline with advanced proficiency in higher education, data analytics and data visualizations, and statistical analysis
- Three to five years of previous employment in higher education conducting institutional research and data visualizations
- Previous experience with programming logic and conditional statements, software languages for writing database queries and routines for use in Microsoft Excel. Ability to use data retrieval, visualization, and manipulation tools such as SQL, SAP-SAC, and Business Objects
- Ability to use data visualization tools to present data clearly to non-technical audiences and to tell stories with data, including advanced ability and previous experience in higher education
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis to produce, at a minimum, t-statistics, odds ratios, logistic regression, correlations, and other multivariate statistical analysis; must be familiar with structural equation modeling and able to merge data. Proficiency in machine learning techniques is highly preferred
- Proficiency with SAS, SPSS, or equivalent analytic software package, as well as with relational databases, including the proven ability to merge data. Proficiency with machine learning software is highly preferred
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into clear and meaningful information for the university’s various constituencies; the ability to work collaboratively and independently, attend to multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.