Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495201
Type: Part-time, Temporary
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine invites applications for the position of Standardized Patient. Standardized Patients are individuals who will be trained to portray a patient in a medical situation for the purpose of student learning and evaluation. Students enrolled in medical, nursing, and health sciences schools will perform medical interviews and/or non-invasive physical examinations on Standardized Patients.
Candidates should be interested in learning basic medical terminology and protocol. They should be willing to be trained in case portrayal and to subsequently perform that function in a consistent manner with several groups of students. Candidates should be interested in learning how to accurately evaluate students on their performance and how to appropriately deliver feedback to students about their clinical skills to support their development.
Pay: $20.00/hour (Time spent training and in the Standardized Patient role will be paid.) This is a part-time position which is not benefits-eligible.
Hours: The expected hours will vary week to week. Paid summer training with work hours during the academic year. Applicants must be available during the academic year.
Availability to work either mornings or afternoons, Monday – Friday, between 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. is necessary, but hours can change weekly. Availability to work evening hours, Monday-Friday is recommended but not necessary. This is a part-time position which is not benefits-eligible. Candidates should not expect this position to be a steady source of income or a regular schedule.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Memorize and role-play detailed and complex patient scenario scripts in a consistent manner.
- Evaluate students’ and provide one-on-one feedback about their examination performance.
- Be a model for students to learn and practice physical exam maneuvers. Repetitive exams will occur and may cause discomfort.
- Participate in training sessions as required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- College preferred
- Excellent memorization skills needed to learn detailed patient scripts
- Willing to participate in non-invasive physical examinations
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide students constructive feedback
- Ability to use computers to watch videos, complete checklists, and type comments
- Must check email and online scheduling software regularly and be able to open Word/PDF document email attachments
- Must be reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Commitment to engage in providing an academic and work environment that respects the contributions, talent, and diverse experience of all of our students, faculty, and staff
- At this time, we cannot consider anyone who is enrolled as a Quinnipiac student or is under the age of 18.
- Standardized Patient Frequently Asked Questions: Click Here
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend