Technician - School of Computing and Engineering (Part-Time)
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495000
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's School of Computing & Engineering invites applications for the position of Technician to provide technical support to faculty and students, and maintain and ensure safe operation of all equipment in the School of Computing and Engineering’s courses and research initiatives. This includes a wide range of laboratories supporting Civil, Industrial, Mechanical, and Software Engineering and Computer Science. This is a part-time, benefits eligible position.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment
- Ensure maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Ensure that safety and maintenance standards and procedures are established and followed for laboratory areas
- Establish and present equipment safety training/briefing programs for students and faculty in laboratory areas
- Support courses with setup, take down, inventory, and other relevant areas in laboratory areas
- Provide technical advice and assistance to students and faculty in laboratory areas
- Assist department in the development of new laboratory facilities and equipment selection
- Support student competition teams such as Baja, steel bridge, and concrete canoe
- Be responsible for the Makerspace, including oversight of student workers ("superusers"), coordination of usage, maintenance of equipment and supplies, identification of needs
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree in civil, construction or mechanical technology preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience may substituted for the above education requirement
- Experience with training individuals in the safe and effective use of equipment
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or clear demonstration of this potential
- Experience maintaining, operating, and setting-up a wide range of equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to, complete, and prioritize a wide range of tasks from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Formal teaching experience is desirable
- Experience with machine shop equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend