Full-Time Clinical Faculty and Director of Outcomes, Compliance, IPE, and Simulation: Physician Assistant Studies
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494852
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
The Physician Assistant Department at Quinnipiac University invites applications for 12-month clinical faculty role and as Director of Outcomes, Compliance, IPE, and Simulation.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Serve as an advocate for physician assistant students, faculty, and the department
- At the direction of the Department Chair/Program Director, provides leadership in the implementation of components of the department’s strategic plan.
- Provide oversight of the Department’s compliance with ARC-PA standards
Management of Program Operations
- Coordinate integration of Simulation into the curriculum
- Coordinate department activities and integration into school and university Interprofessional (IPE) activities.
- Represent the Department at School and University groups and committees that are involved with simulation, electronic health records, and standardized patents
- Liaison with the Standardized Patient Assessment Center (SPAC) for all department activities, including case development, grading rubrics, and reporting back to the department of activities involving SPAC
- Coordinate the compliance aspects for the students prior to entry, prior to the transition from didactic to clinical, and throughout the student’s time in the program. Ensuring all students maintain compliance with health and background requirements
- Coordinate and prepare the annual self-study (SSRI), covering all the ARC-PA Standards
- Provide the final report of the SSR-I to the Department Chair / Program Director at the conclusion of the SSR-I
- Ensure all faculty and staff are aware of, and program elements are in keeping with the changing ARC-PA requirements and interpretations.
- At the direction of the Department Chair/Program Director and Associate Chair, represent the ELMPA and graduate PA programs during recruitment events, welcome weekend, admitted students’ weekend and open houses
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of Exxat activities for the department
- Coordinate course evaluations with Campus Climate
- Participate in activities that require all department participation
- At the direction of the Department Char/ Program Director, assist the department in researching, writing and obtaining grant funding for various department, school and interprofessional activities
Teaching and Course Coordination
- Coordination of a minimum of one didactic course per year as designated by the Department Chair depending on program needs
- Teaching in the Medical Writing curriculum of the clinical year
- Carry an annual course load of 12 credits hours
- At the discretion of the Department Chair/Program Director advise PA students, depending on the department needs
- Graduation from an accredited U.S. physician assistant program or medical school, with a minimum of an earned Master’s Degree, MD or DO degree
- A minimum of three years current clinical experience as a PA, MD or DO
- Proven clinical precepting and/or teaching experience
- Current NCCPA certification, or current specialty board certification for MD/DO
- Current, or eligibility for, unrestricted license as a PA, MD or DO in the State of
- Prior teaching experience in a medical school or physician assistant program is preferred. Faculty appointment will be based on qualifications, previous experience and prior faculty appointment
- Ability and willingness to serve in an academic leadership capacity
- Demonstrated capabilities in data gathering, organization, interpretation, and analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to work with database tools like Excel and Access
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a CV, a cover letter addressing your fit for the position, and contact information for references. Review of materials continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend