Quinnipiac University invites applications for a Student Placement Coordinator. This position is an integral member of the clinical placement team for nursing students within the School of Nursing and report directly to the School of Nursing Associate Dean. The clinical placement team as a whole is responsible for managing the clinical placements for each of the clinical programs offered at the baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels within the School of Nursing. The Student Placement Coordinator works closely collaborate with Deans, Chairs, Program Directors, and Faculty while planning, implementing, and evaluating the clinical learning opportunities within each of the programs in the School of Nursing. Strong oral and written communications skills are required. In this role you are responsible for communications with students, full-time and part-time faculty, faculty and staff members from other schools at QU, and external stakeholders such as partner healthcare and professional organizations. Other key abilities include strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail, ability to work both independently, strong collaboration and negotiation skills, customer service mindset, proficient use of computer and database type software, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure in order to meet critical deadlines.
The successful candidate will have work experience from any of the following fields: nursing, healthcare administration, business or communications; an educational setting is desired.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
||• Ongoing planning of clinical learning experiences for undergraduate and graduate programs
• Anticipate clinical placement needs for students each semester
• Collaborate with clinical sites to secure the necessary number of quality placements
• Initiate outreach to identify new placement sites, innovative clinical learning opportunities, and/or preceptors specific to intended course and program learning outcomes
• Evaluate the quality of the clinical experiences based upon review of student and faculty feedback
• Maintain continuing relationships with clinical sites through regular communication via phone, email, meetings
• Communicate information about clinical agency requirements to faculty, staff, and students
• Collaborate with faculty in developing new clinical learning experiences for students across programs
• Provide site visits to clinical agencies to foster relationships and evaluate overall quality of and satisfaction with clinical experiences
• Collaborate with Dean’s office regarding new student affiliation agreements and renewal/updates of existing affiliation agreements.
• Collaborate with members of the clinical coordination team on clinical compliance requirements for students and faculty
• Establish regular processes for site and preceptor recruitment and site visits
• Maintain clinical education records using electronic database
• Maintain database for clinical site contacts and part-time faculty
• Provide support for new and returning part-time faculty, preceptors, and faculty site visitors
• Collaborate with Dean’s Office regarding regulatory and accreditation requirements
• Coordinate electronic student clinical evaluations, student and faculty evaluations of clinical site and preceptors, and student evaluations of the quality of faculty clinical instruction
• Participate in professional development activities within and outside of the School of Nursing
• Participate in School of Nursing meetings and serve on School of Nursing Committees as requested
• Represent the QU School of Nursing in a way that demonstrates the value of working with QU students to the agency
• Support the strategic vision of the School of Nursing
• Other duties as requested
2-3 years of relevant work experience in healthcare administration, business or communications; experience working in health care and/or educational setting preferred
Experience working with nursing students preferred
Demonstrated history of collaborative work within a team environment
Familiarity with student affiliation agreements and/or contract negotiation preferred
Superior computer skills with knowledge and ability with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook or other similar software
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
Strong communication skills and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.