Mechanic I - Master Carpenter
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494407
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position Mechanic I – Master Carpenter to perform highly skilled and skilled maintenance on University buildings, property, and related buildings. This position works under the direction of the Superintendent of Mechanical Services, Superintendent of Residence Hall Operations and/or other Facilities Supervisors or Administrators.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Performs highly skilled carpentry tasks in accordance with standard trade practices; performs alterations, repairs, and maintenance of structures and Facilities; performs highly skilled bench work; operating with such equipment as power saws, joiners, wood lathes, planers, boring, sanding, and mortising machines; builds and repairs cabinets; cleans, sharpens and repairs hand and bench tools; repairs installs laminates, may cut and glaze windows, may fabricate signs
- Performs highly skilled maintenance requiring the applications of trade skills, codes, and standard trade practices; make estimates of time, personnel and materials
- May drive trucks and do related or other maintenance work as required
- All Maintenance Mechanic I/Master Carpenters may be called for emergencies as required, including snow removal
- All Maintenance Mechanic l/Master Carpenters will drive all motorized equipment and will be certified when applicable
- May supervise Maintenance Mechanic II's, Groundskeepers, Custodians, or other employees (i.e. students) assigned to work as Maintenance Mechanic helpers
- Will perform all duties listed in Mechanic I job description
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to perform highly skilled carpentry and cabinet work
- Must have a valid CT driver's license
- Prior experience in grounds maintenance as described above
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have and maintain good written, computer and verbal communication skills
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- This position requires successful completion of a physical demands exam, drug screening, and background check.
- The physical demands exam includes but is not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs., push/pull, and climbing.
- Please note this is a union position with an hourly rate of $37.58.
- The hours for this position are 7:30am - 4:00pm.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend