Director of Campus Visit Experience
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494387
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University has an exciting opportunity available for Director of Campus Visit Experience in the Office of Admissions. In this role you will be responsible for planning and executing visit experiences and recruitment events that represent the spirit of the university for prospective first year, transfer, and graduate students. You will collaborate with multiple departments across campus to ensure enthusiastic involvement in the events and to bolster the strength of the Bobcat community. This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends, to support the campus visit experience.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements undergraduate and graduate admissions events. These may include on campus, off campus, and virtual engagement opportunities
- Produces virtual and hybrid/live streaming events from concept to post-production in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Continually evaluates and optimizes the campus visit experience for prospective students and their families.
- Works closely with the Directors of Undergraduate, Graduate, and International Admissions on overall strategy for recruitment events.
- Works closely with key stakeholders across campus, including Deans, Program Chairs, Faculty, and Staff, to ensure all event participants are aware of the event details and expectations for their participation are clearly set. Also, trains faculty and staff where appropriate and necessary.
- Provides oversight of the recruitment event invitation and registration processes for new students.
- Provides direction and oversight to facilities and external vendors that are participants in campus events.
- Trains and provides direction to Admissions staff members as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years of demonstrated innovation in planning and executing engaging admissions events for all relevant audiences
- A commitment to superior customer service for incoming students and their families
- Knowledge of student recruitment and the college admissions process, including trends and best practices
- Experience with event planning in a virtual and hybrid environment
- Familiarity with Technolutions Slate, Conduit PlatformQ, Ellucian Colleague, and event management software desired
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills to support and accommodate multiple priorities
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage spreadsheets
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to accommodate working admissions events, including nights and weekends
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and individually
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend