Senior Associate Athletic Director of Compliance and Student Development
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495445
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics invites applications for a Senior Associate Athletic Director of Compliance & Student Development to oversee all aspects of the athletic department’s compliance efforts with conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Additionally, this position will direct all student-athlete life skill and leadership development programming. During the period of appointment, this position will report to the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
||Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the University’s Athletics Department compliance with all NCAA rules & regulations. Provide oversight for all coordination, implementation, facilitation and evaluation of all facets of the athletic compliance program
- Serve as subject matter expert and a resource for coaches, staff members, student-athletes and the university community regarding NCAA rules
- Supervise athletic department compliance staff
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive rules education program for coaches, staff, student-athletes and other constituencies with an emphasis on newly adopted legislation
- Generate and implement effective operating procedures and administrative systems to ensure proper institutional controls
- Manage the athletic scholarship budget for all varsity sports. Work with coaches to ensure they are within the NCAA limits and institutional limits
- Serve as the athletic department liaison to the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid and the Faculty Athletic Representative on matters related to the academic and athletic eligibility of student-athletes
- Manage annual reporting expectations and projects such as APR, graduation rates, and other NCAA or institutional reporting
- Oversee student-athlete Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) policies, processes, and procedures; with an emphasis on student-athlete NIL education
- Create and direct all aspects of student-athlete development programming designed to enhance personal, leadership and professional skills
- Enhance the well-being of student-athletes through group discussions, workshops and speakers designed to foster skill sets required to succeed personally and professionally
- Develop relationships within the campus, among university alumni and the local community to encourage engagement and partnership opportunities
- Sport oversight of teams as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 year of progressive leadership experience in athletic administration
- The applicant should have extensive experience in NCAA rules and regulations; preferably at a NCAA Division I institution or conference office
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform duties independently with a great degree of accuracy, meeting deadlines, and completing work under conditions of frequent interruptions and fluctuating workload.
- Demonstrated skill in overseeing, organizing, maintaining and producing all required, accurate, up to date accounting records for NCAA auditors, finance area and accounting
- Duty to interact professionally within the department, the campus and the national community
- Proven leadership experience and ability
- Proven ability to develop student-athlete development programming
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend