||Quinnipiac University's Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine invites applications for an Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EID) Program Specialist to work independently under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Equity Inclusion and Diversity. This role will coordinate day-to-day programing and activities of the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity. It reports directly to the Assistant Dean and will function as an integral part of the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Under the direction of the Associate Dean, assist with the management of a diverse portfolio of educational programs and services that support Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine mission and commitment to diversity
- Serve as the first point of contact and resource specialist to provide information and assistance regarding services of the Office of EID
- Facilitate workshops and training across the School of Medicine on behalf of the Office of EID
- Organize internal and external meetings, site visits, and special events
- Collaborate on the development of program materials including educational materials, marketing materials, websites, forms, and reports
- Work with program leaders to develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive databases and files related to the Office of EID
- Maintain appropriate records for program evaluation and reporting purposes
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate program data
- Coordinate and assist in the development of the program budget
- Coordinate the administration of financial processes such as financial reimbursements
- Ensure existing programs remain relevant and viable, delivering high quality transformational learning experiences
- Work across a matrix of logistics, schools, community members, Quinnipiac University faculty, staff, students, policies, and procedures to deliver high-quality education experiences on and off campus
- Innovate in program design, curriculum and outreach materials that support equity, inclusion and diversity including but not limited to college readiness and career preparation across a variety of health career fields and disciplines
- Engage Quinnipiac University faculty, staff, students, and clinical partners to develop new and enhance existing programming
- Assist in the enhancement and implementation of operational and programmatic goals and objectives
- Develop new programs and learning opportunities for Health Career Pathways including pre-college students that support college readiness and career preparedness.
- Serve on committees for the School of Medicine and University as designated or appropriate.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages and promotes knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds
- Assist with grant writing when applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling or an Education-related field (educational outreach, program development, or similar field or equivalent education/experience) required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience working with students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret complex and detailed educational documents
- Proven ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to work on and off-site and to work a flexible schedule, with some weekend and evening work and some travel required
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects of different scales
- Ability to problem-solve, meet deadlines, prioritize work, interpret and apply rules, policies and procedures
- Proficiency in performing complex functions using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media
- Ability to travel locally off-campus: valid Driver's License required
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.