Director of Employer Relations, Office of Career Development and Experiential Learning
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494949
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University has an exciting opportunity for an inaugural Director of Employer Relations. Reporting to the Assistant VP for Career Development and Experiential Learning, the Director of Employer Relations is responsible for fostering mutually beneficial partnerships between the university and employers in order to provide students and alumni with job opportunities, internships, placements, and career-related resources. This role will lead the strategy and execution of employer engagement and outreach efforts, working closely with the Assistant Vice President of Career Development and Experiential Learning, the Career Development Council, and other members of the university community. This position will also focus on developing partnerships and fundraising initiatives that align with the university's mission and academic programs in the areas of workforce development and experiential learning.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive employer relations and industry partnerships strategy to increase the number and quality of job, internship, and placement opportunities for students and alumni
- Build and maintain relationships with key employers and industry leaders in order to promote the university as a premier talent destination
- Identify opportunities for industry-aligned research, experiential learning, and other collaborative initiatives that benefit students and faculty
- Collaborate with faculty, career development staff at the schools/departments, the office of Development and Alumni Affairs, and the AVP of Corporate Partnerships to identify and develop partnerships with employers and industry organizations in specific sectors
- Oversee the coordination of university wide career and experiential learning events/activities involving employers and external partners in addition to overseeing the communication between appropriate schools/departments and program participants
- Create, manage, and distribute a university-wide calendar of career and experiential learning events and activities in partnership with schools/departments to engage employers with the university, including job fairs, networking events, and on-campus recruiting
- Conduct employer site visits to assess quality of placements and internships for Quinnipiac students
- Research and stay informed in national, state and local hiring practices, employment trends and other labor related issues in addition to a continuous assessment of the labor market to identify opportunity for strategic outreaches
- Develop promotional material to increase additional employer services including web and career sponsorship, information sessions, mock interviews and resume critiques, hosting workshops, sponsoring receptions, and other programs/events
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan in partnership various campus stakeholders including the office of Development and Alumni Affairs and the AVP of Corporate Partnerships
- Provide guidance and support to students and alumni as they navigate the job, internship, and/or placement search processes
- Serve as a resource to distance students and online programs to target employers in other areas
- Represent the university at industry events and conferences to promote the university's talent and resources
- Develop and manage a budget for employer relations and industry partnership activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with a proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with key employers and industry leaders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven record of successful grant writing and fundraising
- Understanding of the higher education landscape and the needs of college students and recent graduates
- Experience in creating and managing successful industry partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend