Full-Time Clinical Faculty and Didactic Coordinator: Physician Assistant Studies
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494890
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
The Physician Assistant Department at Quinnipiac University invites applications for 12-month clinical faculty role and as Didactic Coordinator.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Monitoring of student performance in the didactic year
- Evaluation and oversight of student learning, competencies, and progression for students in the didactic phase of training
- Schedule lectures and instructors
- Identify and recruit appropriate course instructors as needed
- Generate quality examinations both written and practical with the help of course instructors
- Participate in regular peer review and psychometric evaluation of assessments
- Review and revision of the graduate student handbook and policy manual
- Maintain student grade reports
- Ensure that all necessary laboratory and course supplies are available
- At the discretion of and appointment by the Department Chair participate on committees
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair/Program Director
- At the direction of the Department Chair/Associate Chair, assist and participate in representation of the ELMPA and graduate PA programs during recruitment events, welcome weekend, admitted students’ weekend and open houses
Teaching and Course Coordination
- Didactic curriculum development, coordination and oversite of all didactic courses and labs
- Oversee the teaching and presentations of part-time and adjunct faculty
- Didactic course exam management
- Class calendar management
- Write, revise and update course syllabi
- Contribute to review and revision of the Student Handbook and Policy Manual
- Regularly develop quality multiple choice examinations
- Participate in regular faculty exam review sessions
- Assist in the administration of exams and student exam review sessions
- Actively participate in the remediation of didactic students
- A fairly distributed portion of the students in their didactic phase of the program
- Others as needed, at the discretion of the Department Chair/Program Director
- Minimum of an earned master's degree
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program
- Minimum of 3 years current clinical experience as a PA
- A minimum of 1 year part-time/full-time teaching at the collegiate level
- Current NCCPA certification and eligibility for licensure in the State of Connecticut
- Experience in PA Education preferred
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend