Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494693
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women’s Lacrosse to assist in program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Division I Women’s Lacrosse program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA and MAAC Conference rules and regulations
- Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, budget administration and team promotion
- Assist in the future development of Women’s Lacrosse alumni and community relations
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice and travel planning
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Lacrosse playing & coaching skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in film software (Hudl, iMovie, etc)
- Demonstrated ability of problem solving, decision making and player development
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend