Quinnipiac University's Office of Human Resources invites applications for a Student Employment and HR Data Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a customer-service focused individual with strong attention to detail.
This role is a shared resource between Student Employment and HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems).
Student Employment: The Student Employment and HR Data Assistant coordinates and manages student employment and the associated recruitment and onboarding processes.
HRIS: This position is also responsible for assisting HRIS with data entry. Precise attention to detail and accuracy are critical. Data entry includes new hires, rehires, vendors, preceptors, etc. You will also maintain and updates HR spreadsheets, documents and reports as needed.
This position processes a large volume of data entry and frequently interacts with students, staff, and faculty.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Responsible for data entry into university systems including new hires, vendors, and preceptors
- Accountable for the data integrity and regular updating of university data for employees as it relates to missing office/phone information, addresses/names, managers changes, etc
- Assists with reporting, manipulating data in excel with formulas, pivots tables and/or formatting
- Manage and enters access for vendors and preceptors
- Scan and maintain electronic documents
- Answer all student employment and general human resources questions, from both students and hiring supervisors, within scope of knowledge, including triaging the Student Employment inbox
- Coordinates and manages the student employment recruitment and onboarding process, including but not limited to: reviewing and approving job requisitions, job postings, job offers, onboarding notifications and reminders, overseeing and assisting with Form I9 documents for new student hires, applicant tracking system, distribution lists, and spreadsheets
- Notify supervisors of depleting federal work study balances
- Monitor Federal Work-Study balances using XLEAR report and notify supervisors of balances
- Prepare and send regular communications to Student Employment hiring supervisors
- Provide outstanding customer service to students, parents, and supervisors
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in handling all HR matters
- Develops and presents student employment orientation sessions and conducts training sessions for student employment supervisors
- Responsible for updating all changes that impact the Student Employment hiring guides, documents, website, etc
- Works closely with several university offices including: One Stop, Financial Aid, International Student Services, Finance, and Student Affairs
- Participates as member of NESEA, in student employment surveys and meetings, as well as planning and coordinating Student Employee Worker Appreciation Day events
- Supervise the graduate assistant in Student Employment
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, including experience with Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, competing priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service, communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently
- Demonstrated evidence of establishing and maintaining professional boundaries with students
- Ability to look for inefficiencies and offers suggestions to improve work processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze varied situations and identify appropriate solutions, including recognizing when to escalate to supervisors as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.