Assistant Director - Marketing & Fan Engagement
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493710
Campus: York Hill - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for an Assistant Director – Marketing & Fan Engagement to work with the marketing and strategic partnership team to navigate the fast-paced environment of athletic marketing to help build the Quinnipiac Athletics brand. This position will work to support the marketing efforts of Quinnipiac's intercollegiate athletic programs, specifically our women's sports.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations
- Assist with the annual marketing and promotional campaigns focused on promoting attendance and fan engagement at home athletic sporting events, with a primary focus on intercollegiate women's sports. Independently create and direct campaigns for assigned sports
- Design and execute effective on-campus marketing initiatives to increase student attendance
- Coordinate gameday promotional activities, book anthem singers and color guards; coordinate community and on-campus events to support ticket, marketing and promotional initiatives
- Organize and schedule school appearances and community events with QU student-athletes and mascot
- Develop and coordinate a mascot program, including hiring and managing student staff, scheduling events and appearances, and maintaining the condition and cleanliness of the mascot suits. Uphold all standards set for mascot usage and appearance
- Work with Associate AD to fulfill in-game corporate sponsor initiatives. Develop student promotions, giveaways, in-game contests to increase game-day experience
- Assist with game day scripting, activities, and in-game promotions
- Serve as liaison with student groups, student spirit groups, Greek Life, and organizations to increase student involvement and participation in Athletic events
- Develop plan to distribute schedules, ticket info, and marketing collateral in the local community
- Assist Ticket Office with group relations on game days. Execute marketing initiatives to drive attendance and revenues
- Collaborate with the Athletic Communications staff to strengthen all athletics social media platforms to engage fans/students to support marketing, promotional and branding initiatives
- Manage, hire, and train student staff as part of the marketing team, game presentation team, and seasonal internship program
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in sports marketing, ticketing or and event management, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution or professional sports organization
- Significant skill in the use of computer software and social media platforms
- An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Effective communication and organizational skills, including experience in event marketing, group sales, advertising and promotions
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend