Full-Time Clinical Faculty: Physician Assistant Studies
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493104
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||The Physician Assistant Department at Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences invites applications for a Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor of Physician Assistant Studies. This is a full-time, 12-month faculty position. Reporting to the Director of Didactic Education, the successful candidate will be responsible for both curricular and administrative aspects of the didactic phase of the graduate program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Teaching at the graduate level based on department needs
- Course coordination for the didactic phase of the graduate program
- Monitoring of student performance in the didactic year
- Advising/mentoring students
- Assisting in the development, review and evaluation of the graduate curriculum
- Oversight of the community service component of the department
- Participating in PA Department committees and university service
- Engaging in scholarship and maintaining clinical practice hours is recommended
Additional responsibilities include:
- Active involvement in the PA department admissions process
- Active participation in maintaining PA program accreditation
- Involvement and leadership in PA program community outreach programs
- Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program with a minimum of an earned Master’s Degree
- A minimum of three years current clinical experience as a PA preferred
- Proven clinical precepting and/or teaching experience
- Current NCCPA certification
- Current, or eligibility for, unrestricted license as a PA
- Prior teaching experience in a physician assistant program is preferred. Faculty appointment will be based on qualifications, previous experience and prior faculty appointment
- Commitment to contribute to the inclusion, diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A CV
- A concise statement of teaching philosophy and educational interests
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Inquiries may be directed to either the Department Chair or Program Director. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend