Assistant Coach, Women’s Golf
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492947
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics and Recreation seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women's Golf. In this role, you will assist in program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Women’s Golf program. This is a part-time, 12-month position.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations
- Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned)
- Assist in planning team travel
- Assist the Head Coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with TrackMan technology preferred
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test
- Multiple day travel is required
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Availability to participate in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and video editing
- Proven leadership ability
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division I guidelines and regulations
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend