Director of the Honors Program
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492860
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Office of Academic Innovation and Effectiveness seeks applications for Director of the Honors Program. Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Director of the Honors Program. In this role you will provide vision and leadership in developing and managing initiatives that promote and enhance the Honors Program's contribution to our students' success. In addition, you will increase the Honors Program's reputation and stature both within the university and nationally.
You will be responsible for a broad array of day-to-day administrative duties, such as the management of Honors Program co-curricular programming, academic advising, working with faculty teaching honors courses, managing the program's budget, working with the Office of Admissions to support recruitment of Honors Program students, working with the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs on fundraising initiatives, etc. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Innovation and Effectiveness.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Lead and effectively communicate a vision for the Honors Program
- Launch and nurture new initiatives to increase the Honors Program's contribution to our students' success and increase the Honors Program's reputation and stature both within the university and nationally
- Collaborate with the Office of Admissions and with the Office of Integrated Marketing Communications to ensure effective marketing, recruiting, and admission processes for prospective Honors Program students
- Strengthen relationships with school and college deans, informing them about the Honors Program and soliciting their support for the program
- Collaborate with department chairs and school and college deans to develop Honors course offerings and Honors degree curricula components
- Build and develop relationships with individual faculty members who contribute to the Honors Program
- Work closely with faculty and honors student leaders to help lead new Honors Program initiatives
- Advocate for and manage the Honors Program budgets
- Provide management oversight of the Honors Program administrative assistant and student staff to ensure smooth operation of daily tasks
- Help facilitate effective registration and orientation processes for newly admitted Honors Program students
- Collaborate with the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs in fundraising initiatives in support of the Honors Program
- Represent the Honors Program at admissions events
- Serve as trip leader for Honors Program-related travel, e.g., student conferences, field trips, etc
- Collaborate with the Office of Academic Assessment and Research on applicable assessment initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Innovation and Effectiveness
- Master's degree required
- Doctoral degree preferred
An advanced degree in a field of professional qualification is required.
- 3-5 years of related, prior experience in developing or leading an Honors program
- A passion for working with and contributing to the development of high-achieving
students, commitment to access and diversity, and commitment to the development of
an exemplary program
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission and vision of the Honors Program
- Experience in scholarly research and undergraduate-level teaching
- Ability to teach two courses per academic year dependent on need and approval from the appropriate academic department
- Evidence of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities, strong interpersonal skills, as well as
excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in budget preparation and budget management
- Experience in program administration and the supervision of staff
- Prior success with fundraising in support of honors program initiatives would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend