Desktop Support Specialist
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492813
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Office of Information Services seeks applications for a Desktop Support Specialist. Working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, you will provide timely, effective and quality customer support to faculty, staff and students using computer (PC and Mac) and audiovisual equipment.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Provide technical support in-person, via phone and using remote access software to all students, faculty and staff on Mac and PC based hardware
- Maintain computer hardware used in staff offices, public venues and classrooms including mobile computing for faculty. As needed assist with the setup, and use of such equipment, assisting with scheduled hardware refresh/replace and software upgrade initiatives
- Analyze software needs for end users and determine dependencies and compatibly for software applications across different operating systems and browsers
- Design and build images for faculty laptop program working closely with other groups within Information Services
- Manage installed base of computer hardware and software using Active Directory, Group Policies, scripting languages & batch files to automate tasks
- Utilize imaging technologies (Microsoft-based) to develop and deploy standardized configurations, and to facilitate the transfer of user data between computers
- Participate on multi-department project teams working to develop and deploy new applications and technology to the University community
- Test, promote, explain and document available services and technology to parents and students at Admissions and Student Affairs events
- As needed, direct student workers in tasks to support end users
- All other related duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Associate Director of Technology Services
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education requirements
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in providing technical support in a higher education environment
- Valid driver's license
- As needed, ability to work overtime, evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Capable of working equally well individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Considerable experience with Ghost, WAIK, or similar imaging technologies
- Proficiency administering computers using Active Directory, Group Policies, WSUS, etc
- Familiarity with Track-It software, to manage work requests and asset inventory
- Advanced expertise with operating systems and productivity software (Windows and Mac)
- Relevant certifications: Microsoft, Apple, CompTIA A+, HDI, etc
- Well-rounded experience working with and supporting multiple computer platforms, including integration with various presentation technology (external displays, video projectors, DVD/VCR, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of computer usage in a managed network enterprise environment
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend