Director of Counseling Services
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492694
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Health and Wellness Center seeks applications for a Director of Counseling Services. As a member of the Division of Student Affairs and reporting to the Executive Director of Health and Wellness, you will implement university policies and procedures for identifying and serving the mental health needs of the students and community, manage mental health-related emergencies, implement the Medical Leave of Absence policy, and supervise mental health professionals.
This is a full-time 12 month position.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Implement university policies and procedures for identifying and serving the mental health needs of the students and community
- Manage mental health-related emergencies
- Maintain clinical caseload of individual students and facilitate groups as needed
- On-call responsibilities
- Implement the university’s medical leave of absence policy
- Supervise licensed professional counselors and clerical staff
- Work closely with the university psychiatrist to coordinate a schedule and assign patients
- Perform role in a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory manner in accordance with university policies
- Participate in clinical rounds, interdisciplinary meetings and training programs with Health and Wellness staff
- Utilize and monitor staff members' use of electronic medical record system to maintain accurate and current clinical medical records
- Develop professional development opportunities with focusing on the current trends of college mental health
- Provide training and consultation for faculty, staff and students
- Provide on-call responsibilities to serve the needs of students and staff when consults are warranted
- Maintain a clinical caseload
- Coordinate and schedule on-call schedule for counselors as well as clinical rounds and interdisciplinary clinical rounds
- Serve as a backup for the CARE (Community Assessment Response Evaluation) team
- Collect data, analyze and provide assessment with the use of the counseling electronic record system
- Develop programs to meet the health and wellness needs of the community while collaborating with campus partners as well as external partners
- Work closely with Director of Health and Wellness on special projects and initiatives
- Contribute positively to a supportive, healthy and safe work environment
- Master's Degree required
- Doctoral Degree preferred
- Connecticut license as a clinical provider in clinical psychology/social work or related field required
- 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience in psychology/counseling, health, or related programs, preferably in a university or college environment
- Knowledge of local and national issues, trends, and best practice standards in college health issues
- Ability to utilize research findings and translate into practice
- Demonstrated clinical, outreach, consultation and crisis intervention skills
- Strong leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, communications and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend