Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492666
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University's seeks applications for an Instructional Technologist. The Instructional Technologist provides consultation, technical assistance and creative expertise to facilitate innovative and imaginative use of technology in support of the university mission. In this role, you will proactively maintain a working knowledge of current technology and pedagogy and familiarize yourself with best practices from peer institutions. Your efforts will be tightly coupled with those of the other units within Information Services to leverage and maximize the use of existing Quinnipiac technologies and services.
As part of Information Services, Academic Technology supports, inspires and collaborates with faculty to integrate technology as a vital component of the teaching and learning process.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Provide support via email, phone, text chat and in person. Typical issues revolve around the Learning Management System, screen recording tools, mobile apps, content management systems, online testing solutions, Office 365, web conferencing tools, and other technology used in the teaching and learning process
- Liaise with other units within Information Services to leverage and maximize the use of existing Quinnipiac technologies and services
- Through hands-on workshops and other outreach efforts, provide opportunities for faculty to explore and utilize emerging technologies in their teaching
- Develop and maintain web-based resources and documentation to enable faculty and students to use educational technology resources more effectively
- Manage LMS course related processes, including templates and course creation
- Make technology accessible, understandable, and appealing to faculty by providing leadership and resourcefulness in providing technology solutions to pedagogical needs
- Manage software inventory and licenses
- Other projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in a technology or teaching related field is preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 3-5 years of experience of related experience
- Must be able to travel between CT Quinnipiac Campuses - valid driver's license required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Fluent in the use of and processes around Learning Management Systems from the administrator, faculty and student perspectives. Blackboard experience preferred
- Experienced in the use of online testing solutions. ExamSoft experience preferred
- Working knowledge of multimedia creation tools, such as screen recording tools, lecture capture, and basic Web design
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and web conferencing solutions
- Ability to collect end-user requirements and translate them into technology solutions
- Proven ability to troubleshoot application related issues via phone, email and text chat
- Must possess excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment that values a high level of Customer Service
- Must be able to multi-task and manage tasks through to completion
- Must be able to quickly learn new technology applications
- Must be a team player
- Must take initiative
- Teaching experience, at any level, is strongly desired
- Master’s Degree in a technology or teaching related field is preferred
- Experience with both Windows and Macintosh hardware, OS, and software is preferred
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies
- Basic understanding of statistical packages, such as SAS and SPSS
- Familiarity with content management systems.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend