|Quinnipiac University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Inclusive Excellence. This is an opportunity in which you will have oversight of program creation and opportunities for mentorship and leadership that support and align with both the university and the Office of Inclusive Excellence diversity, equity, and inclusion mission and goals. Reporting to the Director for Inclusive Excellence, you will partner and assist in the expansion and execution of diversity & inclusion training; development opportunities for faculty/staff and students; coordinate summer outreach efforts, retention, and leadership programs.
This position requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
|Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a broad range of campus-wide programs, traditions, and culturally based initiatives that promote diversity awareness and inclusion, intercultural learning, and community building, including heritage month programming
- Establish collaborative campus committees for successful program development and execution
- Provide programmatic support for LGBTQ+ Initiatives
- Develop and coordinate educational programs and events for students to increase the percentage of graduates who have one or more multicultural experience
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of social justice and inclusion training for faculty, staff, and students including the Inclusive Conversations initiative
- Oversee and assess first-year services for underrepresented students such as the QUEST Mentoring Program, QU First Year Immersion, Leadership Retreats and offer individual support
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate, and administer student success, access and retention initiatives at Quinnipiac University
- Serve as a department representative for the Community, Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Team
- Attend student-sponsored events
- Work closely with other university offices implementing initiatives that support and promote inclusive excellence
- Assist with fundraising, grant, and supplemental resource development to increase resources to support campus students
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in diversity, inclusion, student programming or related field
- Experience and knowledge with implementing programming and training
- Proven experience in program creation, including building cultural programming for students
- Experience conducting diversity and inclusion training with faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to exercise judgment to deliver appropriate programming and training to promote inclusive excellence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.