Quinnipiac University invites applications for a 12-month clinical faculty role in the Physician Assistant Program. As a Principal Faculty Member in the program, this person will have a focus on student success coaching and remediation, in addition to didactic and clinical instruction responsibilities.
The position is a full-time, in-person, 12-month position. Candidates who are licensed Physician Assistants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply. A weekly clinical practice day may be considered and negotiable at the time of job offer.
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women’s rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women’s basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Co-coordination of the program’s remediation and student success system
- Monitoring of student performance in the didactic and clinical years including attainment of competencies and progression.
- Regular participation in programmatic assessment activities
- As a part-time member of the clinical team, regularly performing clinical site visits
- Participate in all department-required faculty activities
- At the discretion of and appointment by the Department Chair participate on committees
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair/Program Director
- At the direction of the Department Chair/Associate Chair, assist and participate in representation of the undergraduate and graduate PA programs during recruitment events, welcome weekend, admitted students’ weekend and open houses
- Teaching and Course Coordination
- Actively participate in the remediation and academic coaching of didactic and clinical students
- The position allows for up to a 50% teaching load release, based on the School of Health Sciences policies on administrative duties and faculty rank
- Participate in regular peer review and psychometric evaluation of assessments
- Participate in student exam review sessions
- Student Advisement
- A fairly distributed portion of the students in the clinical phase of the program
- Regular advisement and coaching of students needing additional academic support
- Others as needed, at the discretion of the Department Chair/Program Director
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.