Experiential Learning Coordinator, College of Arts & Sciences
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495030
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a new and exciting role as Experiential Learning Coordinator. This 12-month position will report to the Director of Career Development and will be responsible for coordinating and expanding experiential and immersive-learning opportunities across the College, including internships, study abroad, field-based activities, class trips, and other signature experiences.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Coordinate, support, and expand our portfolio of experiential learning opportunities for the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Manage application process, review, approval, and supervision of internships completed outside academic departments (CAR 295 internship course) and in partnership with academic departments
- Maintain and build relationships with community partners to increase opportunities such as internships and case-based projects for CAS students
- Collaborate with faculty to support and develop signature programs such as QU in DC and the CAS Civic Leadership Program
- Collaborate with QU research faculty to support and develop on campus experiential learning research opportunities for students
- Collaborate with faculty to facilitate co-curricular experiential learning (e.g., a Legal Studies trip to the Federal Court House in New Haven, a Natural Sciences trip to the Museum of Natural History)
- Coordinate with the Department of Cultural and Global Engagement to support and expand short-term faculty-led study away programs
- Partner with dean’s office and Office of Career Development and Experiential Learning to develop fundraising initiatives to support experiential learning
- Plan and implement recruitment strategies, events, systems training, and student support to increase student and faculty participation in experiential learning
- Establish, track, and assess metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of our experiential learning opportunities
- Teach career development courses that accompany and prepare students for internship opportunities
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of effective, equity, and evidence-based best practices and emerging trends in experiential learning in higher education
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strategic partnerships on- and off-campus to increase the quantity, quality, and diversity of opportunities available to students
- Ability to work independently as well as function as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to present to and engage large audiences
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form. Applications recieved by April 28 will have priority.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend