Assistant Director of Admissions
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494870
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||As part of a very successful Admissions office, the Assistant Director will participate in all phases of recruitment and admission activities such as high school visits, interviews, Saturday Information Sessions, Open House programs and Admitted Student Experience Days. With responsibilities for a particular territory, you will plan and execute high school visits, attendance at college nights, regional and national college fairs, file review, and follow up to families. Other duties will include event planning/coordination and supervision of student workers.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Participate in Fall and Spring travel and to create a strategic plan for carrying out visits in a particular region or territory
- Work nights and weekends
- Meet with students/parents as well as establish relationships with guidance and independent counselors
- Participate and lead interviews, workshops, information sessions, and special projects
- Manage the file review, evaluation of applicants, and admissions decision processing for students from territory
- Create and manage communications to prospects/applicants/accepted students and their families
- Assist with recruitment event planning
- Assist with the supervision of student workers
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education requirements
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Admissions information systems (i.e. Technolutions Slate, and preferred experience or like data system with Ellucian Colleague) are preferred
- Strong organization and communication/writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact positively with other campus offices
- Ability to manage a regional recruitment territory, which includes substantial travel, including evening and weekends
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds of prospective students
- Ability to communicate clearly with prospective students, their parents, high school and independent counselors, and community-based organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend