Mediation Fellow, Homelessness Mitigation Mediation Project
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494818
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for a Mediation Fellow for the Homelessness Mitigation Mediation Project The Connecticut Department of Housing (DOH) asked Quinnipiac Law’s Center on Dispute Resolution (CDR) to provide mediation services as part of DOH’s HUD-funded Homelessness Prevention Program. The Mediation Fellow is responsible for working with the Executive Director to develop and implement a statewide housing mediation program to help address the looming homelessness crisis expected after CT’s current eviction moratorium expires. This is a part-time, non-benefits-eligible position at $25/hour for 19 hours per week.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Work with and be supervised by the Executive Director
- Work with the Executive Director, the Associate Director, and social service agency staff in each of DOH’s seven regional Coordinated Access Networks to schedule all mediations
- Work with recruited volunteer mediators to provide mediation services
- Participate in 60-day, 120-day, and 365-day follow-ups of successful mediations
- Work with law students or recent law school graduates involved in the project
- Serve as a mediator, when needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Legal experience
- Trained and experienced mediator
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend