Provide visionary leadership
• Continue the implementation of the School’s strategic plan, which aligns with the University’s goals;
• Anticipate the critical issues, opportunities, and threats in the foreseeable future and act on them as appropriate;
• Take an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing innovative ideas to enhance the School’s mission and identity on a national scale; and
• Create and articulate an inspiring vision for the School that evolves at an appropriate pace within the dynamic field of healthcare.
Build organizational capacity
• Attract, recruit, and retain talented faculty and staff, motivate and delegate effectively, and manage performance;
• Foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence;
• Enhance financial and clinical resources to better position the medical school to achieve the next level of educational opportunity for students;
• Connect and build strong collaborative relationships across the School and the University, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly; and
• Encourage others to share the spotlight, thereby supporting the success of students, staff, and faculty alike.
Raise visibility and resources
• Strengthen existing clinical partnerships and create new partnerships;
• Connect the School to underserved/underrepresented populations and an understanding of the needs of the patient population, especially in Connecticut and elsewhere in New England;
• Keep alumni engaged in the life of the School; and
• Raise funds to support the School’s mission.