|Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director, Next Generation and Affinity Giving leads all planning, strategy and implementation of philanthropic initiatives for recent alumni and student giving, as well as crowdfunding campaigns, organized around affinity and shared interest, in conjunction with advancement leaders across campus as well as volunteer student and/or alumni ambassadors. You will supervise the Philanthropic Engagement Coordinator who over sees all Quinnipiac Connects (Engagement Center) program initiatives including managing, hiring, training, and promoting student ambassadors while also overseeing the vendor relationship. You will work with the annual giving team to determine how best to incorporate student, recent alumni, and affinity audiences into the four annual giving campaigns as well as smaller efforts throughout the year. You will also suggest strategy and timing around when a crowdfunding platform or student engagement center should be employed.
|Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Develops segmentation and marketing strategies to maximize donors and dollars for the Quinnipiac Fund, with a specific focus on educating students and recent alumni on positive behaviors related to philanthropy and engagement and driving affinity-based giving. This includes creating plans and applying resources to acquire new donors, renew previous donors, and move donors toward higher levels of participation
- Plan and execute strategy for student philanthropy and recent alumni giving in partnership with the Sr Director of Annual Giving to strengthen participation among these audiences and the graduating class giving campaign, providing resources to partners and planning communications and events throughout the year. Coordinate how these efforts fit into the larger Philanthropic Engagement communications calendar. Work with Quinnipiac Connects, the 1929 Fund, and other student and recent graduate ambassadors to encourage giving and peer-to-peer outreach. Contribute to the development of stewardship strategies which would be meaningful to these audiences
- Supervises and trains the Quinnipiac Connects Student Coordinators and conducts annual review; helps the Coordinators with staffing for student and recruiting, hiring, and training up to 25 Quinnipiac Connects Ambassadors (CEAs) each semester; guides the student Coordinator in order to increase their knowledge of the Quinnipiac Fund and Development in support of their specific responsibilities; continually monitors Quinnipiac Connects team performance to ensure excellence and professionalism; and insures that all call/text/writing sessions are properly supervised and staffed. Communicate overall philanthropic engagement strategies and fully incorporate them into Quinnipiac Connects by helping edit calling scripts and strategizing how to incorporate texting and video into the cadence of each shift.
- Provide strategy and direction for campaigns that support affinity and shared interest (including support of student organizations). Manage the Bobcat Family Challenge crowdfunding campaign as well as assisting in the Bobcats Unite Campaign. Plan and execute 10+ crowdfunding campaigns per year in conjunction with student organizations/assistant deans/executive directors of schools, colleges, units, and volunteer leaders to bring in an estimated $500,000 in revenue annually. Develop annual strategies around affinity and shared interest challenges using available platform. Work with the Senior Director of Alumni Affairs to align messaging around engagement and philanthropy among alumni shared interest groups. Recruit volunteers and ambassadors to participate in targeted giving opportunities and provide toolkit/training in for these groups
- Works collaboratively with all staff to ensure the overall success for the Office of Philanthropic Engagement
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two or more years of fundraising, marketing, or closely related experience
- Knowledge of telemarketing and texting software preferred
- Knowledge and recent use of crowdfunding platforms preferred, such as Hivebright
- Proficiency in Windows-based applications, specifically Microsoft Office’s suite of word processing, spreadsheet, and database management tools
- Ease in learning new systems and interrupting analytic reports for action-oriented results
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, creativity, and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Time management and prioritization skills are needed for daily operations
- Expertise in communications from writing to analytics as they relate to RIO and engagement success
- Experience with e-mail programs, and web applications
- Experience with handling and racking of program budgets
- Fundraising experience, particularly in phonathon solicitation, written appeal, and crowdfunding space in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.