|Quinnipiac University seeks applications for Residence Hall Directors (RHD). The RHD is a key figure in the residential life professional staff and reports directly to a Residential Life senior staff member. This role is a full-time, year-round, in-person, live-in position. Residence Hall Directors must solely reside in the designated campus apartment, serve in the on-call duty rotation to respond in-person to situations and be available and visible to their assigned community evenings and weekends. They oversee 7-17 paraprofessional staff members. Exercising independent judgment, they manage a residential area and coordinate several tasks which may include residence hall council, living-learning communities, summer housing, early arrivals, late departures, break housing, move-in crew, late-night lounge, diversity and inclusion initiatives, social media management, online resources, print materials, housing software projects and student outreach and education.
|Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
Residential Oversight and Mentorship
• Ensure a consistent adult presence in residential areas, serving as a positive role model for students.
• Foster meaningful relationships with residents, offering support and guidance to help them achieve their academic and personal objectives.
Staff Management and Development
• Oversee the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of paraprofessional staff.
• Design and implement a robust training program for paraprofessional staff, ensuring alignment with office guidelines.
• Maintain clear communication of staff expectations and document any performance-related concerns.
• Engage in office recruitment processes, including selection of paraprofessional staff, residence hall preparations, and room assignments.
Residential Programs and Curriculum
• Aid in crafting, implementing, and monitoring the residential educational curriculum.
• Collaborate on initiatives like Living-Learning Communities and Faculty Affiliates, enhancing the integration of academic and residential life.
• Serve as a point of contact and mediator for Faculty Affiliates, ensuring a strong bond between faculty and residents.
• Regularly participate in the RHD on-call duty rotation, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Uphold, clarify, and enforce University policies and guidelines to ensure a harmonious living environment.
• Act as a primary hearing officer for conduct meetings, addressing and mediating student concerns.
• Handle assigned CARE cases, providing follow-up for students in need of support.
• Collaborate with the Office of Facilities, ensuring the optimal maintenance and upkeep of residence hall facilities.
• Efficiently manage designated residence hall budgets, ensuring all budgetary processes and guidelines are followed.
• Ensure all necessary documentation, including duty logs and reports, are submitted accurately and within stipulated deadlines.
Community and Outreach
• Facilitate and support hall or area councils in partnership with the Residence Hall Association.
• Represent the department in office and divisional committees as necessary.
• Engage in continuous professional development, attending relevant seminars, workshops, and association events.
• Take on other duties and responsibilities when required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.