||The Director of Inclusive Excellence plays a pivotal role in advancing the institution's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Reporting to the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion (VPEI), the Director for Inclusive Excellence will collaborate with the VPEI, University leaders, and internal and external stakeholders to help realize institutional aspirations related to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Quinnipiac University. Key E&I goals are noted in the university’s strategic plan for The University of The Future, in the university’s 10-point plan for social justice, and in the university’s Commitment to the LGBTQ+ community. Progress against goals is noted in the annual Equity and Inclusion report of the university. The Director will be charged with execution of university-wide action plans in support of the goals, broad engagement of diverse groups of faculty, staff, students and alumni, and alongside the VPEI -- accountability against the articulated goals. In these plans The Director will also develop programming that advances competencies of faculty, staff and students related to leadership, inclusive behaviors, and social identity.
||Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
Training and Development
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to design, develop, coordinate and/or deliver training and workshops on diversity, inclusion, leadership and social identity for students, faculty, and staff
- Develops and supports programming to advance the goals of E&I across the university with particular attention to inclusive teaching programs, and faculty/staff hiring and retention practices
- Fosters relationships with student groups, faculty, staff, and external partners to promote a culture of inclusion
- Organizes and participates in events that celebrate diversity and promotes respectful dialogue across diverse perspectives
- Serves as an advocate for underrepresented groups, providing support and resources to address their unique needs
Data Collection and Analysis
- Conducts comprehensive data analysis and assessment related to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at Quinnipiac University. Particular attention is to be paid to data on faculty, staff and student attraction, retention and graduation (for students)
- Collaborates with various departments to gather, assess, and interpret data to identify areas for improvement
- Generates regular reports, including assistance with the annual equity and inclusion report, to provide insights into the university's diversity landscape
- In collaboration with Institutional Research, creates dashboards to effectively communicate diversity metrics
- Stays informed about best practices and trends in diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education and advises the VPEI accordingly
- Conducts benchmarking studies against peer institutions to inform strategic decision-making
- In collaboration with Student Affairs, HR, and any other policy compliance area, evaluates existing policies and procedures to ensure alignment with Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Makes recommendations to the VPEI for policy enhancements or new policies as needed
Grant and Proposal Writing
- Identifies sources for corporate, foundation, state, and federal funding to support diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Assists with the development and writing of proposal funding to support Quinnipiac University’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
Assessment and Evaluation
- Develops and implements assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of diversity initiatives
- Works closely with the VPEI and other stakeholders to evaluate the impact of programs and policies
- Works closely with the VPEI and university leadership to contribute to the development and implementation of the university's strategic goals related to E&I
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and advancing E&I goals in an organization
- Background that demonstrates commitment to E&I values
- An understanding of higher education contexts, though experience in higher education is not required
- Strong understanding of equity and inclusion issues, social justice, and the intersectionality of identities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and build partnerships
- Experience in program development, assessment, and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.