|Quinnipiac University invites applicants for the position of Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. The Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds will plan, supervise, and direct ‘best in class’ service in all phases of building, grounds, and cleaning services related to the York Hill campus (est. 800,000 square feet and est. 250 acres) including scheduling, trash removal, lawn care, sidewalk/roadway maintenance, leaf/ snow / ice removal, equipment maintenance and repair, all aspects of custodial services, responsible for all building services including general maintenance and repair, and building upgrades. Effectively manage and optimize production of a staff of a maintenance supervisor, grounds, custodians, general mechanics as well as other employees as assigned by Director of Facilities for the York Hill campus.
|Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Responsible for general maintenance/repair, preventative maintenance scheduling and code compliance, related to cleaning, and grounds on the York Hill campus including the timely response and resolution to work requests through the University’s Computerized Maintenance Management System to work requests of students, faculty and staff while ensuring a safe environment by maintaining high university standards.
- Responsible for cleaning, grounds, and building services on the York Hill campus including daily schedules for maintenance/repair, cleaning, (including building turnover), and grounds (including sports arena maintenance, significant institutional events, and daily meetings/conferences)
- Responsible for providing a strong sense of community with excellent customer service and relationships (particularly the Office of Residential Life and Athletics) while maintaining the mechanical systems to promote an atmosphere which further fosters student achievement; ensuring that the community's needs and expectations for such services are met.
- Responsible for the assessment, development, communication, documentation, and implementation of daily and long-term custodial, grounds (including plantings, seasonal operations (snow removal), fleet and equipment management), building services work plan of action including minor renovations and capital improvements.
- Responsible for the procurement and inventory of all custodial, grounds, and building services materials and equipment.
- Work toward the reduction of harmful cleaning and grounds chemicals while working in the direction of more environmentally friendly campus.
- This position is considered essential personnel and will have off shift responsibilities based generally upon weather events.
- Vocational or technical training required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience required in area of expertise
- Expert level of technical and/or leadership knowledge, skills, and experience to lead and manage a large team of employees
- Experience driving continuous improvement, managing for results, supporting change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid driver's license required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.