Quinnipiac University invites nominations and applications for the next Dean of the Law School. The University seeks a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the next Dean. Reporting to the Provost, the Dean provides academic, intellectual, and administrative leadership for the Law School. The Dean will lead with purpose-driven values consistent with the Law School’s core philosophy to educate the “whole lawyer”—by educating and inspiring students to become skilled legal practitioners who retain their values and demonstrate the highest professional ethics as they serve their clients. The Dean works with key stakeholders to champion this mission in a collaborative, supportive environment. The Dean supports and promotes a student-focused climate of academic excellence, advances faculty development and scholarship, and promotes service-based initiatives. A successful candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and an ability to inspire faculty, student, staff, and alumni engagement, to build bridges to the greater legal and professional community, and to partner with donors and philanthropic entities to effectively fundraise. The Dean will have a proven commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, including a strong record of fostering access to justice.
The successful candidate will demonstrate exemplary strategic leadership, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, entrepreneurial drive, and a passion for the mission of the Law School and Quinnipiac University.
To ensure full consideration, inquiries, nominations and applications should be submitted electronically in confidence to: QULawDean@KornFerry.com
|About the School:
The School of Law is a diverse and inclusive community comprised of 361 students representing a variety of ages, ethnicities and backgrounds. With 32 full time faculty, the student experience is deep and enriching. Quinnipiac University School of Law is accredited by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association. The law school resides in a state-of-the-art facility on the university’s North Haven Campus, with a dynamic community of advanced programs including Quinnipiac’s School of Medicine. For more information, please visit law.qu.edu.
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
As an academic, administrative, and community leader, the Dean of the Law School will:
- Lead the school in developing its next strategic plan, collaborating with faculty in forging programmatic innovation, advancing thought leadership, and ensuring excellent legal education and student career success
- Promote and nurture a collaborative environment that inspires learning, working, and serving the mission of the Law School and Quinnipiac University
- Build on the Law School’s strong foundations of civic involvement, philanthropy, and alumni engagement. Have an appreciation for the importance of faculty scholarship and will be committed to faculty excellence with an eye toward both retention and recruitment for the next chapter of the Law School’s success
- Be an energetic advocate and ambassador for the Law School and will have a record of responding effectively to the rapidly changing demands and challenges facing law schools today, including artificial intelligence, flexible learning modalities, and online learning
- J.D. or its equivalent and possess a record of recognized professional achievement that would warrant appointment at the rank of Professor in the School of Law.
- Values-based, strategic leadership with a demonstrated track record of building and sustaining collaborative teams, recruiting and retaining excellent faculty and staff, and leading in a complex academic institution or commensurate enterprise
- Demonstrated accomplishment advancing equity, inclusivity and belonging
- Visionary leadership able to foresee changes and industry transitions and to strategically position the Law School to innovate, capture, and deliver the next generation of legal education and legal practice.
- Appreciation for and commitment to advancing academic excellence across all teaching modalities in the Law School including experiential legal education and the Law School’s Clinical education programs and collaborations, including with other schools across Quinnipiac University
- Dedication to and advocacy for student-centric learning and support, including well-being, accommodation needs, and strong post-graduation outcomes
- Expertise in data-informed decision-making, fiscal management, ideally with experience leading enrollment management and marketing communication
- Accomplished community builder with a passion for alumni engagement, external relations and advocacy for the Law School’s eminence in the broader legal community in the state, region, and nation
- A proven track record and aptitude for fundraising
- An ability to deftly navigate and maintain balance between the Law School’s role as a collaborative part of the larger university and its independent pursuit of its own goals, and to ensure compliance with accreditation standards
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with a commitment to transparency and accountability
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter of interest highlighting the applicant’s personal vision and relevant leadership experience. To ensure full consideration, inquiries, nominations and applications should be submitted electronically in confidence to: QULawDean@KornFerry.com
Direct inquiries can be sent to:
Victoria Antolini, Senior Client Partner Global Education and Healthcare Services at: Vickie.Antolini@KornFerry.com
Ken Kring, Co-Managing Director, Global Education Practice, Senior Client Partner at: Ken.Kring@KornFerry.com
Quinnipiac University offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.