Quinnipiac University has an exciting opportunity available for a Program Director, Pre-College & Seasonal Programs. The Program Director will advance Quinnipiac’s commitment to building the university of the future by providing leadership, management, and coordination of pre-college, dual credit, non-credit, seasonal, professional development, personal enrichment, and continuing education programs that expand access to Quinnipiac University’s high-quality learning experiences to learners of all ages. By partnering with internal and external stakeholders, the Program Director will oversee learning opportunities to ensure high quality experiences are delivered that meet the needs of identified audiences. The Program Director will contribute to the growth of the university by providing input on strategic direction and continuous improvement.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Provides leadership, management, and coordination in the development of creative lifelong learning programs in the designated area, including but not limited to pre-college, summer, seasonal, and dual credit, which may include not limited to, development and delivery of program curriculum, which may entail management of personnel and budgets, planning and execution of events, registering and communicating with participants, as well as evaluating the success of learning experiences
- Collaborates proactively with internal and external stakeholders to align systems, processes, policies, and resources to ensure smooth delivery of learning experiences
- Plans and implements program services and activities, in assigned program area, and supervises the day-to-day delivery of programs
- Directs the day-to-day operation and administration of the program in accordance with program goals and objective; oversees program coordination and logistics; prepares necessary reports; resolves problems and makes changes to accommodate changing priorities and needs
- Performs office management duties for the program and/or department
- Makes budget recommendations and manages approved budget for program; approves expenditures, within broad guidelines, and prepares budget reports and projections
- Partners with faculty and staff to plan, organize, and administer workshops, training programs, courses and program curricula, in accordance with program goals
- Identifies, coordinates, and manages personnel, including but not limited to QU students, staff, and faculty, to ensure smooth development and delivery of learning experiences that achieve the desired outcomes
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and others on matters relating to program policies, procedures and activities.
- Collects and analyzes program data and participates in evaluating program effectiveness; identifies problems and makes changes, within prescribed guidelines, or recommends major changes.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other departments and ensures cross-university involvement to maximize benefits of all programs for QU stakeholders
- Fosters collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships with partners and creates a community of excellence on campus
- Develops and implements practices to assure an inviting, encouraging, respectful, safe, and effective learning environment for all involved
- Supports continuous improvement and department growth by providing recommendations for new programs or products, models for maximizing department operations, and more.
- May participate in securing funding for programs
- If applicable, recruits qualified learners to the program through promotional activities and contact with target population; assesses educational need of target population and recommends courses of action to meet those needs
- Supervises work study students who assist with program development and implementation.
- If applicable, keeps informed of and monitors compliance with state licensing, professional certification or accreditation requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of experience managing and creating pre-college, continuing education, corporate and/or professional development programs and/or summer camps. Experience managing dual enrollment programs preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, including experience using strategies for DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) in training and development
- Experience bringing together constituents from across multiple on-campus units to achieve desired goals
- Demonstrated understanding of learning theory and strategies to address the needs of a wide range of learners is preferred
- Ability to be strategic, transformative, and tactical while focusing attention on practical solutions and delivering tangible results
- Creates assessment mechanisms to determine level of success in relation to set goals
- Aptitude to listen to others to understand their needs and identify the learning /educational program that could provide the most impact
- Strong project management skills (organizational, analytical) to drive projects to completion
- Strong facilitation skills and influence (change management) skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including a consultative and collaborative approach when communicating and building relationships with stakeholders
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
- Detail oriented and high attention to quality
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), meeting and communications tools for delivering programs
- Ability to priortize competing demands
- Ability to build and foster mutually beneficial relationships
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.