Director of the Center for Interprofessional Healthcare Education - School of Health Sciences
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495349
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Categories: Staff, Faculty
Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences invites applications for a Director of the Center for Interprofessional Healthcare Education to serve as the administrator of the center and as a resource and guide to faculty to design seminars and undergraduate courses based on the core competencies of interprofessional healthcare education and collaborative practice. The director also serves as the liaison between the University and local board for education for collaborative interprofessional programs as well as a liaison with other universities and healthcare agencies on interprofessional programming for university students.
The primary office is on the North Haven campus but meetings, meetings with students, and teaching will occur on the Mt. Carmel campus.
||Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women's rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women's basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review's "The Best 388 Colleges." The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Manage the efficient and productive operations of the center through the design of a 3-year strategic plan that aligns with the School of Health Sciences
- Develop new programs with faculty for students to experience interprofessional healthcare education
- Collaborate with schools, departments, programs, and community partners, to implement and assess interprofessional healthcare seminars
- Work with the chair of Heath Science Studies to design and continually improve undergraduate courses in interprofessional healthcare
- Support and track the implementation of the Interprofessional Core Competencies (IPEC) for programs requesting support
- Manage the online modules in the core competencies for interprofessional healthcare with revisions and updates every 3 years
- Manage and update the center’s micro credentials or digital badges and to continually support students in the completion of the badges
- Organize and implement the annual student scholarship poster day in May
- Support the Faculty Fellows program in interprofessional healthcare education
- Oversee the operations of certification in the interprofessional adaptive sports program
- Utilizing literature and national trends, design and implement one faculty development program each year related to interprofessional healthcare
- Teach 3 courses in interprofessional healthcare each calendar year
- Work collaboratively with the assistant director of the center
- Hire and supervise graduate assistants
- Serve on university wide committees that relate to the activities of the center, online modules, and micro credentials
- Investigate financial resources to build future programs in the center
- Serve on Dean’s office leadership committees as assigned
- A doctoral degree in any healthcare field is required
- 2-5 years of experience designing curriculum in interprofessional healthcare education or collaborative practice
- 5-7 years of experience in higher education teaching
- Evidence of working directly with students in higher education for advising or program selection
- Direct knowledge of the interprofessional healthcare core competencies
- Presentations or publications in the field of interprofessional healthcare education or collaborative practice
- Knowledge of post-secondary transition policies and current practices
- Basic knowledge of micro credentials
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac' commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend