Full-Time Clinical Faculty and Director of Field Education: Social Work
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495298
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences invites applications for a Full-Time Clinical Faculty and Director of Field Education: Social Work. In this role, you will be responsible for the educational and administrative leadership of field education in the MSW Program, as well as requisite teaching responsibilities as assigned. The Director of Field Education is a faculty position with a full-time, twelve-month appointment to the social work department. Per CSWE accreditation standards, the Director of Field Education must devote at least 50% of time to administration.
This appointment will initially be part-time for the first 6 months and starting July 1, 2024 will be a full-time role.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Development and implementation of field education experiences for in-person students and for online students across the USA.
- Development and maintenance of field placement sites and affiliation agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring the Field Education program remains in compliance with the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Supervise Field Coordinators for the in-person and online field education components of the MSW program.
- Oversee all field liaisons and provides mentorship and support in resolving any issues regarding students, Field Education sites and/or field instructors.
- Responsible for recruiting and mentoring qualified field instructors, including provision of Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) trainings for new field instructors.
- Oversee the maintenance of all field education records for students, field instructors and field placement sites on the technology platform EXXAT/Prism, including ensuring that all students complete background checks and other university and agency requirements for field education.
- Update all Field Education documents posted to MSW Program within Blackboard.
- Develop, update and distribute Field Education Manual and calendar on an annual basis.
- Collaborate on organization, development, and assessment of program outcomes as related to field education.
- Promote the program via attendance at and participation in open houses and orientations.
- Serve on Clinical Compliance and Education Committee of the School of Health Sciences.
- Chairs the Field Advisory and Community Outreach Committee of the Social Work Department, including planning of the annual Social Work Month event.
- Represents the QU MSW program’s organizational membership on the New England Consortium of Graduate Field Directors.
- Teach two courses per academic year.
- A master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program
- At least two years of post-master’s social work degree practice experience
- Leadership in the field education program through administrative experience, practice experience, field instruction experience, and other relevant academic and professional activities in social work,
- A minimum of five (5) years full-time experience (or equivalent) in administration, academic administration of field education preferred, with online graduate social work field administration strongly desired
- A minimum of one year teaching experience in social work or a related field, preferably at the graduate level
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A cover letter which includes a description of field administration experience as well as teaching interests and experiences
- A curriculum vitae/resume
- A statement outlining a commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusive excellence in social work education and practice
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend