Director of Instructional Design and Technology
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495160
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||The Director of Instructional Design and Technology at Quinnipiac University will be responsible for developing and managing instructional design strategies to enhance the teaching and learning experience. Reporting to the Provost, the Director will be responsible for creating and deploying tools, applications, and processes that support learning objectives and initiatives in collaboration with the systems support provided by Information Services. The role would involve designing and integrating digital applications into curricula, collaborating with faculty to identify areas of need, overseeing day-to-day operations of instructional design and technology, ensuring quality standards for instructional design are met, staying up-to-date on trends in instruction and technology, and collaborating with Information Services. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, a passion for innovation and education, and experience in instructional design and technology, and educational leadership.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Developing and implementing instructional strategies utilizing technology in support of the educational goals of the university
- Managing projects related to the development and implementation of educational initiatives
- Overseeing instructional design staff and day-to-day operations of the unit
- Ensuring the efficient utilization of technology to support the university's mission
- Creating, deploying, and maintaining digital tools, applications, and processes that support learning objectives and initiatives in collaboration with the systems support provided by Information Services
- Designing and integrating digital applications into curricula
- Collaborating with faculty and the provost office leadership to identify areas of need
- Developing innovative solutions that integrate technology into the curriculum, while advising faculty on the most effective approaches
- Collaborate with decision makers in Information Technology on strategic decisions
- Sit on the Senate Information Technology Committee to facilitate direct communication with faculty
- Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology or closely related field required
- Minimum of five years of experience in instructional design and technology and educational leadership
- Excellent project management, instructional design and technical skills
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technologies and their use in education
- Deep understanding of teaching and learning processes
- Experience facilitating faculty workshops and training sessions
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and an independent thinker
- Passion for innovation and education
- Demonstrate knowledge of instructional design and technology
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Dedication to student success
- Awareness of trends in both instruction and technology
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend