Full-Time Teaching Faculty: Game Design & Development (College of Arts & Sciences)
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494979
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
The Game Design & Development Program (GDD) in the Department of Visual and Performing Arts of the College of Arts and Sciences seeks an Assistant Teaching Professor to join our rapidly growing program. This position begins on August 14, 2023.
The position involves teaching four courses per semester, advising students, and engaging in service activities and committees that strengthen the program, department, college, and university community. This full-time faculty position supports the core curriculum in Game Design and Development including our game labs and classes in our subject-area concentrations (games.qu.edu/curriculum.asp).
We seek applicants with a passion for developing games and the ability to bring relevance to the classroom through their professional game development work, experiences, and networks. The ideal candidate will have expertise in game design, familiarity with digital game development platforms, and the ability to guide students in interdisciplinary collaborative projects at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse student populations. We place a high value on collegiality and willingness to collaborate with other members of the department.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Teach four courses per semester
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours for students
- Guide, advise, and mentor students academically and professionally
- Engage in service to support the program, department, college and university
- Contribute to the development of potential graduate study opportunities
- A terminal degree in Interactive Media, Game Development, or a related discipline (required before position starts in August 2023
- Candidates with non-terminal masters’ degrees will be considered if they have at least three years of relevant industry or equivalent academic experience. Candidates with non-terminal master’s degrees will be appointed at the rank of instructor
- Experience and ability to teach GDD courses at all levels
- Proficiency in Unity and/or Unreal game engines and associated programming languages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in the field
- Ability to create inclusive and engaging learning environments for an increasingly diverse student body
- Portfolio of completed and published games
- Demonstrated success in teaching, preferably at college level
- Experience with online instruction
- Experience in curriculum design and development, including at the post-graduate level
- Familiarity with professional software and tools for game art practice, development, and workflow
- Familiarity with game production and management practices including Agile development/Scrum and version control software
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
1. Letter of interest which includes your CV or resume with a list of three academic/professional references who will not be contacted without your permission
2. Teaching statement (one page preferred) that describes your approach to instruction, which includes a description of your commitment to inclusive teaching practices
3. Sample teaching evaluations if available
4. A link to a portfolio of work, which includes games
Applications received by April 14, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend