||Quinnipiac University's seeks applications for a Title IX Coordinator to oversee Quinnipiac University’s Title IX gender-based discrimination and sexual misconduct policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the university is in compliance with related state and federal laws. This position will provide guidance and oversight to the university's deputy Title IX coordinators and the investigation process and will support the university's commitment to providing an environment free from gender-based discrimination and harassment.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Coordinate the prompt, effective, and equitable intake, investigation, and timely resolution of all allegations of sex or gender-based discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, pursuant to applicable state law, federal law, and university policy
- Ensure that investigation findings and outcomes are consistent with applicable regulations and are properly documented
- Collaborate with General Counsel to ensure the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies, procedures, and practices, in compliance with state and federal law
- Provide students, faculty, and staff with information regarding the university complaint process, available resources, supportive measures, and reporting and resolution options
- Coordinate supportive measures for Complainants and Respondents in Title IX processes
- Coordinate reasonable accommodations for pregnant or parenting individuals
- Develop and implement long-term goals for programming, services, education, and assessment of Title IX compliance efforts; Provide leadership for University-wide efforts to promote gender-equity on campus
- Coordinate and oversee comprehensive outreach, training, education, and preventative programs related to Title IX topics; Provide Title IX compliant training to investigators, decision makers, and facilitators of informal resolutions and ensure that all new hires, employees and students receive
annual Title IX training
- Act as the point of contact for campus community, governmental agencies, and members of the public regarding information or concerns regarding sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct
- Maintain a comprehensive case management system that organizes, manages, and tracks all reports and preserves other Title IX documentation as required by law; Oversee protocols for campus responses to data requests from internal and external constituents and agencies
- Ensure that processes for receiving and addressing complaints are efficient and accessible to the University community
- Supervise civil rights/title IX investigator
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with related campus partners, community resources and services, and community leaders
- Represent the Department on relevant committees, including the Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) and the Community, Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Team
- Remain current regarding state and federal law, including but not limited to Title VII, Title IX, VAWA, Campus Save Act, Clery Act, and FERPA; Remain current regarding trends in the field of education related to sex discrimination and sexual misconduct
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Juris Doctorate or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in Title IX compliance, law, human resources,
student life, student conduct or similar field required
- Experience in conducting trauma-sensitive investigations in a higher education setting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to gender-based violence required
- Higher education experience is strongly preferred
- ATIXA certification or related certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to recommend and/or effect changes to policies, to revise practices and to implement equitable procedures
- Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, practices, and procedures identified best practices and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX
- Ability to design and deliver training programs to all constituencies of the campus, demonstrate accountability with respect to attendance and assess the effectiveness of these trainings
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member and communicate clearly and balance the multiple, varying and even conflicting interests of diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing difficult, confidential, and sensitive issues
- Possess demonstrated success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.