|Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Dean for the School of Business. This position will provide administrative support to Dean’s Office in the School of Business, including clerical duties, communication and planning, and staff and student assistance.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
|About the School of Business:
The mission of the Quinnipiac University School of Business is to help students develop into enlightened global citizens and thriving professionals and leaders in careers of the 21st century. To fulfill this mission, the school fosters a vibrant learning environment by developing innovative pedagogies, advances an inclusive learning community, supports faculty efforts to advance knowledge and inquiry through research and scholarship, offers stimulating, real-world applied and immersive learning, and engages with the business community. Our 99.7% placement rate among undergraduates and graduates within 6 months of graduation is a strong index of our success. We are an AACSB accredited school in business and have earned the distinctive AACSB accreditation in accounting. Our 60 full-time faculty, administrators, and administrative support staff are committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Maintain professional, welcoming, and efficient operations of the Dean’s Office with high standards of excellence.
- Manage professional communications including phone calls, incoming mail/email, correspondence, memos, minutes, newsletters, reports, grants, forms, etc. Manage correspondence for the dean’s external relations email account and maintain correspondence records and contact database. Proofread and edit work for accuracy, format, punctuation, and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
- Review incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
- Maintain the confidentiality of issues that are presented to the Dean’s office.
- Manage the dean’s schedule, including scheduling meetings and appointments and review incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action. Maintain the School of Business Academic calendar using University software. Maintain electronic school-wide calendars for faculty, staff, and students.
- Use the University’s cloud computing storage system, organize and maintain data and documents so they are readily accessible; ensure protocols for document retention are implemented, including all materials and records required for School of Business accreditation. Utilize Microsoft Excel to summarize and graphically report data. Maintains hard copy files of same.
- Register students, update advisors, and record office hours in university software.
- Assist in the development of presentation and promotional material to support the School of Business programs, including background research, and utilize PowerPoint to create and update presentation material.
- Proctor exams when necessary.
- Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers.
- Arrange conferences, receptions, meetings, and other events. Duties include planning and managing invitations, catering, facilities, and event set up, AV equipment, budgets, travel, and other support functions. on-site oversight of conference arrangement, coordinating with participants and arranging for necessary materials and facilities. Occasional weekend and evening coverage may be required for special events.
- Maintain records on expenditures and budgets for the School of Business. Implement and expedite requisitions and payments. Utilize Microsoft Excel to summarize and graphically report data.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- High-level administrative experience including advanced computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- Please note this is a Grade 6 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $25.46
- Work week is 35 hours per week
- This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.