Learning Commons/Office of Student Accessibility Assistant
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494574
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT, North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Learning Commons and Office of Student Accessibility (OSA) Assistant. This position will perform clerical duties and provide staff and student assistance supporting the Learning Commons and the Office of Student Accessibility (OSA).
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Support the student testing process and student accommodation process as directed, including scheduling and correspondence with faculty and staff.
- Monitor and respond to email and phone inquiries regarding aspects of exam administration and other relevant matters. Greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Handle high public contact efficiently and professionally. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, OSA and Learning Commons operations..
- Use University systems fully and effectively, including the maintenance of student records. Retrieve data and reports as needed.
- Guided by supervisor’s direction about academic integrity standards, oversee the completion of exams by student test takers.
- Gather and enter data for the preparation of various reports/documents/letters, etc.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent department/program data so that it is readily accessible.
- Provide coverage for other clerical staff in the OSA and Learning Commons as requested.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in high traffic office setting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel to between campuses
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- Please note this is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $24.34
- Work week is 35 hours per week
- Two open positions, one schedule is 8am-4pm on North Haven campus and the other is 10am-6pm on Mount Carmel campus
- Flexibility to work between campuses is required
- This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend