Quinnipiac University's Department of Health and Wellness in Student Affairs is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic member to join our fitness team. Reporting to the Director of Fitness and Well Being, the Fitness and Well Being Coordinator will oversee the day-to-day operation and staff of a comprehensive fitness program that includes but is not limited to group fitness, small group coaching, recruitment and mentorship of staff, special events, and wellness programs.
The successful candidate will have experience as a fitness professional with a strong desire to mentor and coach our students.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Coordinates, promotes, and evaluates a comprehensive fitness program including group fitness classes, instructional programs, and special events
- Supervises, schedules, and manages the day-to-day fitness schedule and program operations on all 3 campuses
- Supervises and mentors student instructor staff
- Develops the skills and abilities of student instructor staff via training, evaluation, constructive feedback, and goal setting
- Tracks and analyzes key metrics, issues regular reports and informs administration of results
- Proactively communicates and holds regular meetings with staff and/or students
- Manages the assigned inventory, and maintenance of fitness program equipment and supplies
- Contributes to the well being programs, initiatives, and events for the community
- Contributes to the development of small group training and personal training programs
- Works collaboratively with other staff, administrators, and QU community to meet the program or department's purpose and goals
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in group fitness, exercise science, and/or small group fitness equipment
- Group Exercise, Personal Training, CPR, any and all other group exercise certifications are a plus
- Able to develop professional contacts and resources that support work productivity
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to teamwork, customer service, ethical leadership and continuing education that supports the department's mission, vision, and values
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and email etiquette
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
- Ability to support colleagues and actively contribute to a collegial work environment by demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
- Demonstrated active engagement and support of the diversity of individual opinions and perspectives
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative, supportive, and professional working relationships in an inclusive environment
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.