Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494515
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University invites applications for a new fundraiser as the Assistant Director of Annual Giving in the Office of Development and of Alumni Affairs.
The Assistant Director, Annual Giving will be a key member of the annual giving team, building a culture of philanthropy on campus and within the alumni community. Through a comprehensive and integrated digital engagement/solicitation strategy, the assistant director will expand philanthropic support, build a robust long-term donor pipeline and enhance future efforts with alumni. This new fundraiser will craft and execute relationship-based, donor-centric outreach campaigns in collaboration with academic unit Deans, student organizations and alumni affinity groups. The assistant director will work closely with development communications and alumni affairs to identify and engage key segments of the alumni community. Led by data and donor insights, engagement/solicitation plans will achieve and optimize, donor retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies. This position will report to the Director of Annual Giving.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Liaison to all 9 academic units
- Support school-specific fundraising and engagement initiatives primarily through digital communications – email, social media, web, etc.
- Oversee school-specific annual giving appeals
- Participate in discovery calls and leadership annual giving efforts
- Educate faculty in fundraising best practices
- Identify compelling story concepts within each school to support fundraising efforts
- Affinity Giving
- Recruit crowdfunding and “micro-initiatives” for high-affinity groups within the university
- Manage lybunts and sybunts
- Mange young alumni participation appeal
- Manage alumni faculty/staff participation appeal
- Student Philanthropy
- Oversee 2+ student-specific solicitations and 3+ additional student events
- Oversee student participation in stewardship
- Collect data on student philanthropy trends
- Promote engagement and education with students, building a culture of philanthropy on campus
- Identify potential fundraising volunteers for key annual giving events such as the Bobcat Challenge and Day of Giving
- Provide mentorship to student philanthropy volunteers
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or a related field
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education qualifications
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required
- Fundamental understanding of digital marketing best practice is required.
- Able to work well independently and as a member of a team; able to work collaboratively and thrive in a flexible, evolving environment, adapt to situations and manage change effectively.
- Experience in Leadership Annual Giving would be a plus.
- Desire to work with a variety of digital platforms and identified alumni interests.
- Experience with Colleague, Blackbaud, Anthology, Community Funded and Text Aim would be a plus.
- Ability to understand and work with Annual Giving and social media analytics.
- Willingness to try new things and learn new skills as well as opportunity for advancement
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend