Manager of Interviewer Operations – Quinnipiac University Polling Institute
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494506
Campus: Whitney Avenue - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University has an exciting opportunity available for Manager of Interviewing Operations for its call center at the Polling Institute. In this role, you will support the Call Center Operations Manager in day-to-day survey research processes with a primary focus on hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring and motivating the call center staff. You will also directly manage personnel and technical resources for in-house and remote staff, including all payroll-related matters; develop and implement strategies to support accurate and timely data collection processes by telephone interviewers and supervisors; and ensure that telephone interviewers and supervisors adhere to the performance standards and objectives of of telephone surveys conducted for elections, public policy issues and commercial research through coaching and mentoring.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Work collaboratively with the Polling team to ensure the successful completion of survey research projects
- Support a positive work environment for student and non-student call center teams, where employees feel invested in the reputation of the organization and the quality of the results
- Interview, hire, train, manage and motivate a large team of part-time call center employees
- Respond as a team member to guarantee successful polling operations, at times requiring flexibility in work hours and assignments
- Ensure that quality control processes are carried out through all phases of the interviewing process
- Maintain standardized measures of success for phonebank temp employee teams, and share reports accordingly
- Mentor and develop supervisor staff
- Oversee all schedule and payroll related aspects of the call center operations
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in managing a large-scale call center operation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks in a high paced setting
- Ability to function independently while operating effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Close attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Comfortable with an interchangeable remote and in-house work and management situation, frequently utilizing Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications especially Word, Excel, and Outlook are required
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Knowledge of data collection methods is preferred
- Proficiency with technology is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to address and resolve varied conflict situations
- Strong organizational skills to complete projects within tights deadlines
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend