Club Sports Coach: Figure Skating
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494429
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University Club Figure Skating is looking for a part-time coach with an ambitious attitude to grow the QU Club Sports Program in Figure Skating. Coaches have the opportunity to develop a contending program while coaching; student leadership assists with other team tasks such as budget management and competition scheduling. Tasks involved with coaching include, but are not limited to: roster and lineup setting, practice/competition advisement and instruction, injury/accident prevention and safety adherence, and academic attention. This is a part-time, non-benefit-eligible position.
|QU Club Sports Mission:
||To fill the need for uniquely structured sport activities that may be competitive, recreational or instructional in nature but not necessarily offered in the other varsity, intramural or recreational programs. To provide a valuable learning experience through student involvement in fundraising, public relations, organization, administration, budgeting, leadership, teaching, and scheduling in addition to athletic skill in a particular sport.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Instructing club athletes in Figure Skating at practices and games
- Constructing a fair and balanced tryout to, if necessary, select a team roster
- Compliance with US Figure Skating and Title IX guidelines
- Dialogue frequently with the Director of Recreation, Assistant Director of Recreation, and/or Club Sport Graduate Assistant in regards to travel, roster, and other team needs
- Presence at all or most club practices, meetings, games, matches, and/or tournaments
- Attend annual club sports coaches training with Recreation staff
- Cooperation with student leadership on any additional event as preferred or necessary
- Chaperoning at trips, including overnight stays, and enforcement of conduct policies
- Other tasks as deemed fit by Figure Skating Club student leadership or constitution
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Certification in Figure Skating governing body
- CPR/First-Aid Certification
- Any of the following:
- Prior coaching experience at either the collegiate or high school level
- Prior experience specifically with Club Sports
- Prior experience in Figure Skating and certification in Figure Skating Coaching
- Familiarity with intramural leagues
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend