Director of Foundation Relations
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494364
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for an exciting new opportunity as Director of Foundation Relations. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), the Director of Foundation Relations will play a key role in developing and executing a robust engagement and fundraising strategy with the goal of deepening relationships, growing the university’s foundation prospect pool, and securing institutional support for program priorities that align with Quinnipiac University’s strategic planning and institutional priorities. The Director will be expected to maintain a consistent level of strategic relationships with private philanthropic organizations with the anticipation of raising significant resources for the university. The Director is a vital member of a multi-faceted team and will maintain ongoing communication with academic staff and will work in close collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Development.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Identify appropriate foundation prospects for priority and strategic projects and programs and work effectively with school leadership, faculty and administrators in the development and submission of proposals
- Work closely with key campus stakeholders that support and play key roles in fostering and maintaining partnerships
- Research new foundation prospects and work with internal stakeholders to develop strategies, access points, and modes of engagement
- Host foundation partners on campus for tours and meetings with university leadership, faculty, and students in collaboration with the AVP, Development and other University leaders
- Proactively meet with faculty and staff to help identify prospective funders and develop and prepare concept papers, letters of inquiry, proposals, and grant reports
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, business development, or Corporate Alliance experience, preferably in higher education
- Extensive knowledge and experience in philanthropy, foundation cultivation and solicitation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated experience in successful proposal writing and securing foundation funding; experience with family foundations a plus
- An entrepreneurial team player with foundation engagement experience in an academic setting, or with experience in a corporate alliance program
- A track record of professional growth
- Successful relationship building and management in a complex organization
- A strategic thinker with excellent proposal writing and communication skills
- The ability to engage, influence and persuade others
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend