Executive Assistant to General Counsel & VP for Human Resources
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494335
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the General Counsel & Vice President for Human Resources. This position provides high level administrative support to the Office of Human Resources. In this role, the successful candidate will have responsibilities that include executive support while ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the Quinnipiac University Office of General Counsel and the Human Resources department.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Provides executive support for the Office of General Counsel with responsibilities that include scheduling meetings, managing department budget and payment of bills, as well supporting overall operations
- Supports the Executive Office monitoring and reconciling the executive office budget
HR Front Office Support
- Provides Human Resources front office administrative support including managing the general HR email inbox and answering phones
- Assists employees, students, and visitors with providing information within scope of knowledge and authority
- Creates, organizes, and maintains the filing system for documents and other pertinent information
- Reviews incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action
- Coordinates resources for meetings and events
- Assists with yearly benefits open enrollment for staff/faculty
- Assists with yearly new employee orientation
- Orders office supplies and benefit enrollment materials as needed
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Responds to general employee inquiries
- Tracks HR staff paid time off
Legal and HR Billing and Budgeting
- Monitors department budgets and reconciles expenditures
- Processes invoices through university requisition system and requests for payment
- Maintains the confidentiality of such issues as they arise in the Legal, Human Resources, and Executive Offices
- Works independently and collaboratively on special projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- Experience in supporting senior level executives; maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Professional and calm demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend