Part-Time Assistant Coach, Men's Tennis
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494254
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's invites applications for an Part-Time Assistant Coach, Men's Tennis to assist in program management including coaching, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Division I Men’s Tennis program. This is a non-benefits-eligible position.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, MAAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Coach student-athletes, maintain a safe and challenging environment that will challenge and develop the physical, mental, and personal abilities of student athletes
- Administer and manage all phases of a competitive Division I Men’s Tennis Program
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned)
- Assist in the future development of Men’s Tennis alumni and community relations
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning
- Weekend travel and supervision
- Other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to run a competitive practice with necessary tennis knowledge and skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with the University community
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice (at least 2 days a week)
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend