Part-Time Assistant Coach, Baseball
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494140
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University Athletics seeks applications for a part-time assistant coach for the Men's Baseball team to assist in program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Men’s Baseball program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing & Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), team travel arrangements (meals & practice times on road trips) and team promotion
- Assist in the future development of Men’s Baseball alumni and community relations
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations
- Must be able to throw Batting Practice
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience
- Baseball skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend